Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Favorite Things

Ha! I couldn't even stay away from this thing for more than three hours. I kept looking at my computer every time I walked past it, thinking about what I wanted to write about next.

So, I gave in. I've had a pretty great week so far, and I just wanted to sit down and acknowledge that.

Some of my favorite things from this past week:

1. Friends - the best television show ever created.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110911163321/friends/images/8/88/Friends-s9.jpg
I have all 10 seasons, and I love to just pick a random episode and have it on in the background while I'm doing stuff around the house. (Side note: when I was growing up and watching this show, I wanted nothing more than to marry Chandler Bing - or Miss Chanandler Bong, as his TV Guide was addressed.)

2. Grocery Outlet - definitely the bargain market!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b0/Groceryoutlet_logo.png
I stopped in here the other day on a whim, since it was next door to Dollar Tree and I wasn't in a rush to get home. Minute Maid Peach Tea for $1.49? Yes, please! Decorative lantern with flameless candle for $9.99? I'll take two! Betty Crocker Gluten Free sugar cookie and brownie mix for under $2 each? Time to stock up! 

3. Online shopping - oops.
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/025bf606-020a-48e9-89bf-99adda13e9b1/resource/BLOGS_UPLOADED_IMAGES/online-shopping-security-lead.ashx.jpeg?lang=en
I've been bad. Like, lazy-bad. There's an Old Navy and a Victoria's Secret less than two miles from my house... but it's so much EASIER to shop from my iPhone, sitting on my couch in my pajamas! I have to admit, though, that it's pretty fun to open your front door and see a "present" waiting for you. But, to make up for bad online shopping habits...

4. Clearance sales! 
http://denverbargains.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/michaels-arts-and-crafts-store.png
How convenient that Michaels (and Joann's) happened to be on my way home from the gym the other day... and, apparently, it's super-clearance time! Throw their weekly coupons into the mix, and you can have yourself a pretty good time. I stocked up on some burlap and wire wreaths, and added in a few other non-essential things (mini wooden W's, votive candle wraps... and too many other things to list). I figured these mega-discount prices help make up for the semi-sale prices I paid online. Sort of.

5. Time off from work.
http://www.salary.com/Image/300/300/Media/Default/graphics/vacastress_intro.jpg
As I transition from two part-time jobs to a new full-time position, I've been able to have some time off in the process. And, boy, do I love being at home more! I wish I could do the stay-at-home thing forever, but my student loans dictate otherwise. Oh, well. Instead, I'll just try my best to soak up every free moment!

Okay, I'll just leave it at five things for now. What have been some of your favorite things in the past week? What are you thankful for?

A.



1 comment:

  1. Remember that one time we watched almost the entire million seasons of friends...then you graduated and I finished the rest over the summer haha

    ReplyDelete