Wednesday, January 21, 2015

"B" yourself...

Well, shoot. I failed once again to get my "B" Week post up on Sunday. 

"C" Week is already halfway done, and I haven't even picked a project yet.

Where does the time go???

The "old" me (and I'm thinking maybe 5-10 years ago) would have gone crazy by this point; my inner perfectionist would be furious that I haven't been sticking exactly to the plan I laid out for myself. Then, I would feel frustrated, and disappointed, and discouraged, and then I would decide to just give up. Scrap the whole thing and pretend like it was never a good idea to begin with. And while this whole Pinterest Alphabet thing I've set up for myself to help me spend my evenings in a more productive manner isn't really a huge deal, the old me would have treated it like a Big Deal.

It's really only been in the last year or so that I've stopped being so hard on myself, both in the "big deals" and the Big Deals. I'm starting to get to a place where I'm much more comfortable with myself, where I actually embrace my mistakes and see them as opportunities for improvement instead of beating myself up for being anything less than perfect. "Old" me found it nearly IMPOSSIBLE to ever admit that I made mistakes, in any regard, and it's something that I'm still working on. I'm discovering that it feels waaaaaay better to recognize my limits and respect them, instead of trying to pretend like I can do everything. 

So, I messed up. I forgot to post on Sunday. My bad.

But, the thing to celebrate is that I DID complete a "B" Week project! I turned an old shoebox into a basket, which actually was immediately useful to hold some toiletries that I put out for our dog-sitter while Husband and I were out of town this past weekend. 


Not too shabby, eh? Amazing what some twine and leftover ribbon from wedding presents can do to an old container!

I've got a good plan for a "C" Week project... one that I've been wanting to tackle for a few months now. Look for my next post to see how I update a Goodwill treasure into a space for inspiration and motivation! 

(It'll make sense when you see it.)

A.

No comments:

Post a Comment